Workshop on the Institutions and Institutionalisation of Transatlantic Relations
I have been invited to participate at a one-day seminar, which will will explore the phenomenon of institutionalisation in transatlantic relations from an EU external relations perspective.
The event considers whether transatlantic relations in contemporary times are a useful study of global governance and address some of the following questions: What is a leading global regulation casestudy now and why? How do the EU’s new generation trade agreements, negotiations and data protection developments impact upon this? What kind of a casestudy is it currently across disciplines? Is institutionalisation a useful meeting point for all disciplines? Does it explain regional integration meaningfully across subjects?
Hosted by Elaine Fahey at City University London on 15 July 2016, the speakers include:
- Dr. Vigjilenca Abazi (CERiM, University of Maastricht)
- Dr. Enrico Bonadio (City University London)
- Claude Moraes, Member of the European Parliament (MEP); Chairman LIBE Committee
- Dr. Bilyana Petkova (Max Weber Fellow, EUI, Florence)
- Dr. Kai Purnhagen (University of Wageningen)
- Prof. Ariadna Ripoll-Servent (University of Bamberg)
- Prof. Alasdair Young (Georgia Tech)
- Dr. Catharine Titi (French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), University of Burgundy)
- Dr. Maria Tzanou (University of Keele)